Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Craftin'

Well I don't know if it's happened to you yet but the Christmas rush has taken over and I've virtually had no time to work in the studio or create blog posts. This is a very busy time for me because we make so many gifts for our family and friends and I enjoy all of it.

Today I thought I'd post a bunch of the projects we worked on to give as gifts. Each project gives us ideas to try out the following year. So much fun!
First up is Snowflake Crayons which we made with recycled crayons. Martha Stewart has the how-to on this one. I did mine in a silicone cake pan and an electric fry pan which worked out fine. No one really like the fumes that the melting crayons made though. Keep a window open.
I think they turned out pretty neat. : )

Next are a couple seed gifts that we made. Both were very easy to do and I really like the idea of encouraging people to garden, especially kids.
Seed Bombs are an idea I saw on the internet and I think the concept is fantastic. If you search it on YouTube there are great videos about making and using them. 


Bunny Tails are such a fun decorative grass and the kids love them. They've even done some crafts with them dried.

Marbled Glass ornaments have been on my Christmas "try" list for a while now and I've really enjoyed trying to figure out the best way to create them. Note* when it says to use craft paints know that it can't be tempra paints. I will be working on these some more.

 It's been such fun posting my projects but I think I'm going to take an online break and enjoy some relaxing time with my family and stuff myself silly with treats. I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year brings you nothing but joy. See you all again in January : )



No comments:

Post a Comment