Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How the Crafty Affaire Show went

I just finished participating in this spring's Crafty Affaire on May 4th. It's been a while since I've done a spring show but I wanted to make more of local presence this year. I had hoped to do a show every couple months but when you work in the restaurant industry you have to always work when the craft shows are on. I will have to pick and choose carefully which shows I'm willing to risk tips and wages on.
My new magic wallets that I wanted to show you in action but YouTube refused to co-operate. 


For this show I created a couple of cake stands with thrift store finds and I think they turned out great. I used one to showcase a hand painted cake I did along with some sugar paste cake toppers. The goal was to get the word out about my custom cakes and gauge the interest of handmade cake toppers. I got a luke warm response. Oh we'll, lesson learned.


Hand-painted gluten-free cake with a collection of sugar paste cake toppers


Like anything I guess, I find it takes practice to do a craft show well.I felt out of practice. I didn't do horribly but the attendance of the show was pretty low so it wasn't as busy as I had hoped. It was hard compete with how gorgeous and sunny the day was.


Silkscreened napkin sets.



Now it's time to get ready for the Steveston Salmon Festival on July 1st. See you there?



No comments:

Post a Comment