Friday, November 6, 2009

It was a Handmade Halloween

It's been a week now since the ghosts and goblins went searching for candy but I had to share with you some of the photos I took that day.

Near where I live we attended a trick-or-treating event that all the local businesses put on. The kids get dressed up and visit all the participating shops for candy. Even though the forecast called for rain, the sun shone beautifully and made Steveston the place to be Halloween day.

What struck me this year compared to others was how many costumes were handmade. These costumes weren't the usual homemade outfits like "business man" or "hippy" that you usually see. There were so many costumes made with a lot of time, care and creativity that I'm proud to say that it looks like the "Handmade Movement" is alive and well in this part of the world. Below are some photos of the handmade Halloween I saw.
Hand-carved pumpkin


Where the Wild Things Are and Tree with Owl

Piece of sushi with chopsticks




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment