Friday, May 14, 2010

99 Red Balloons Show at Canteen Gallery


  So I'm looking for a few Ottawa spies with an interest in balloons. I say this because I've entered the above painting into the 99 Red Balloons Show at the Canteen Gallery and I'm not sure if it's made the cut. The Canteen Gallery caught my eye when I saw some pieces from their previous Alice in Wonderland themed show. I was very impressed with the quality of work and thrilled with the fact that the gallery has an emphasis on illustration which seems to be very rare in Canada. After seeing a call for the Red Balloons show I jumped in front of an easle and created this piece.

Running from May 15-31 all the pieces in the show are 9"x9" square and are being sold for either $66 or $99. At either price I think you could pick yourself up a steal. So......who wants the assignment? 

How about I throw this re-mix of Nina Hagen's song of the same name to get you into the spirit. 99 Red Balloons  

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to pass this on to my friends in Ottawa. I lived there from 1993 until 2001. It's the best place I have ever lived and I've lived in quite a few! The space looks great. I hope you make it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susanne. I'm kind of surprised at how many cultural events I'm seeing linked up to Ottawa when it's supposed to be so conservative and not "artist friendly".

    ReplyDelete