Friday, January 6, 2012

Year of the Dragon print exchange

Last year I posted about my submission to PROOF Gallery's Year of the Rabbit print exchange. Well this year's Chinese zodiac is the dragon and I recently sent off my submission for the show. I really enjoy working with the Chinese zodiac theme as it always produces a lot of new images for me.

Below is the linocut that I submitted and I only did an edition of 6 for this one. I colored this one with artist pencil crayons. My kids saw me coloring and begged for some to color too. Luckily I had a few dud pulls still around for them to use. This has re-kindled the idea of creating a kids coloring book this year. Hmmmmm....




I just got notice that the deadline for the exchange has been extended to January 25th so if you're quick you might be able to submit a dragon too. Guidelines for submissions can be found on the blog Year of the Dragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment