Friday, March 16, 2012

A flower birthday cake for an eight yr. old

 Another year has passed and another birthday party is done for my oldest. That means I got to create another birthday cake. For this year's cake my daughter requested a flower again but this time she wanted a butterfly on top. I just used a cardboard template as a guide to cut from two circular 8" cakes as I didn't have a mold for the flower. For the butterfly I used instructions from my book Hello, Cupcake! by Karen Tack. I made numerous butterflies and they were super easy to make. I suggest using the Wilton candy melting wafers rather than just melted chocolate as I did for the brown. I couldn't get any blue wafers so I just colored some white ones with a touch of food coloring.

Another cake made to add to the collection.

I think if you made a whole bunch of these butterflies as toppers on cupcakes the display would be amazing. What do you think? Would flower cupcakes with butterflies not make a great display for a garden wedding?


1 comment: