Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A peek into the studio

A while back I showed you the inside of my studio and the mess it had become. Well....not much has changed since then. I had hoped to get another set of print drawers to hold my increasing collection but I haven't found any that I can afford. I did find some drawers at Ikea that I think I might adapt to hold my smaller pieces. It's on my Christmas wish list if you're interested in donating to the cause.
Right now my studio is particularly messing because I'm trying to work on so many projects at the same time. I'm a visual person and I need to "see" what needs to done for me to work on it. So I've got the Pikaland Bootcamp assignments, a Christmas boutique to create inventory for, a one-day Christmas show and sale and all the Christmas gifts I make for the family every year. You'd think that I'd have a break by Christmas  to clean up but I have to create a collection of new work for a show in the new year. I love creating all this of course so I'm not really complaining. I do have to share my space with my husband though and I  feel guilty when my mess creeps closer and closer to his easel.

My work space. What a mess.


A pile of projects on the press. An in-progress painting, calendars waiting to be cut and tin magnets.


Tin magnets waiting to be delivered to the Christmas Boutique


My new mini-magnets 


My sketchbook with a painting I've been itching to do in encaustic.


What does your space look like? How do I get my space to look as tidy as some of those on Etsy Open Studios? I swear the "Organized and Clean" studio is on my New Year's resolution list.

1 comment:

  1. Love that shot of your calendars, I want to to see more of your studio! What's your chair look like ;D

    ReplyDelete