Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ganbare Nippon Charity Shop

A little while back I had put a call out on my blog asking for people to let me know of any opportunities for me to donate some of my artwork to worthy charities. Thanks to a someone on Twitter who saw this, I was directed to Erica Sharp. Erica is an illustrator in the UK who is amassing an amazing collection of artwork that she is selling in a shop on Etsy called Ganbare Nippon . Ganbare Nippon is a shop dedicated solely for fundraising for relief and aid in the earthquake struck regions of Japan.
I have donated my "Into the Brush" monotype which is a one-of-a-kind print on Rives BFK paper. My "At home" linocut is from a small edition which was hand-rubbed with a wooden spoon. The final donation, "Simple Wants" is a small editioned colloraph that has been hand-painted with watercolor. Take a look at the shop and blog to see my donations and the numerous other fantastic pieces you can buy. There's no guilt in buying a piece here for your home because your purchase will help those in Japan trying to rebuild their lives. A fantastic deal I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment