Sunday, June 5, 2011

100 Illustrations

With today's post I'm helping to put out the word about a project I submitted to recently. I saw a call for illustrators to submit to a book project call "100 Illustrations". I have been learning to use my Corel Paint program and I thought this might give me the perfect assignment to test my skills. I'm very new to digital illustration but I really appreciate the ability to make a mistake and correct it instantly. I have found it to be a great way to create sketches and color studies too as sometimes I think I'm too concerned with the cost of paint or paper to experiment. The other advantage to going digital is that I don't have such an issue with storage. Hoorah!

As of last count there are  86  spots left so there is plenty of time to submit an image of your favorite food. I love looking through compilations of artists work and I think this is a great theme. What do you think? Will everyone create an image of a cupcake?
 To get all the info. about submitting to this project click here.


1 comment:

  1. Lori, this is a beautiful work! Steaming hot drink for comfort.. I am joining too.. this is fun!

    Cheers,
    Elisa
    http://harmonythoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete